Status: (Annual), Established 2005
University students have little or no skill at presenting themselves in the best way to prospective employers; limiting their employability post graduation.
To increase the employability of AUT students.
To create a platform where students can experience interviews with industry professionals; some of which have real job opportunities available at the time. Attendees are provided with immediate constructive feedback and advice. The event also has workshops in the following topics:
- CV Writing
- Body Language
- Online Networking and Social Media
- Creating an Elevator Pitch.
The event then finishes with a networking event, providing students with the opportunity to talk to the experienced speakers and professionals in a relaxed environment.
- Increase in confidence of all attendees
- Three students were offered work placements in 2010
- Enhancement in the employability skills of AUT students.
This project has continued to be sustainable for a number of semesters and each event held sees an increase in attendance.